Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chicago to Ames, Iowa


I had a great day today driving 600 km from Chicago to Ames in Iowa. My Jeep SUV drives well but like all things petrol choose the juice. I stopped in at John Deere in Moline. I was meant to go for a tour of the Harvester factory this morning, but due to my bags not arriving until 10.30 am, all I could fit in was the pavilion and gift shop. It was corn and soy from the time I left the out skirts of Chicago all the way.

The interstate highway system is great and a fast way to get around. Every second vehicle is a truck and I past the largest truck stop in the world and there would have been 250 trucks parked up at lunch time. The big M is every 25 miles or so along with a number of fuel stations and other eateries.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Are you and Kev trying to outdo each other on the hideous car front? Cos I think you might have won....

Robert Egerton-Warburton said...

That's the plan. Mines uglier, but his was bigger so i'm calling it a draw.