Monday, August 30, 2010

Austin Texas


I spent the last two days of my trip though the mid west in Austin Texas. Austin is the live music capital of the US, it's also the home of Stevie Ray Vaughan who died 20 years ago on the 27th August 1990 and the town was in tribute mode when I arrived, which was great as I'm a SRV fan and every second place was playing the blues.

I also got to see Hot Hot Heat and Rooney at Momo's one of Austin best live music venues as well as about 15 other acts around the city both during the day and at night. Austin is unlike any other city in the US, it's very liberal and open and it celebrates it's culture and the fact it's different, in fact their saying is "Keep Austin Weird"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beatrice Unternaehrer said...

orumpa 94Hi all
Iam a Swiss women and still in love with Stevie Ray Vaughan. I love the Blues. My next big trip will be vîsiting Austin and see the places where Stevie went through. I am looking forward to this. love to all