Monday, March 15, 2010

I've been Busy

I havn't blogged or even communicated much over the past few days which is due in part to the hectic schedule we have had imposed, 7am starts and 10.30pm finishes don't help but most of the blame should be put at the Irish lads feet. We have had a great time and formed some lifelong friendships and I look forward to visiting them all in the future.


Gettysburg battle ground while not a moving experience for me it must be for the Americans. 160 monuments and a huge visitor centre. 1.4 million visitors per year. It was great to visit and gave me an incite into the American civil war I had not had before.We also as part of the tour had a leadership forum from which we all came away with the words ADAPT, INNOVATE, OVERCOME

Intensive dairying is some thing I have only seen in the UK and the US. This is the most intensive I have seen yet. Cattle fed indoors 365 days of the year and automated milking. I not shore how I feel about this. I found it very confronting.
Mushrooms. I love them. But after visiting the farms I know I'm not going to grow them. The composting stinks and picking them is done by hand. No thanks.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MUMMA said...

Adapt, inovate, overcome - great words which could be used for anything and everything - we will remember them. Saw girls yest. they played in the rain at Craig's - had great fun getting drenched (see my blog for pics). (only 4ml) H and D - we are enjoying your blog.

Jenborg said...

Rob. Come on now, you must improve your spelling. Shore, instead of sure? Now, come on... you must uphold at least a spell-check image.
PS. i gave your blog address to the Countryman.
J xx